Monday, April 2

Solitary Reaper...



In the perfect world, I would have been a free person. Free of any obligations to others, free from pursuing goals and objectives set for me by others and free from acting out of pre-set and pre-conditioned boundaries.

But alas, its not a perfect world out there and the truth is that more you try to alienate your self to be able to set out on that path of “freedom” there is someone all ready to pull you back into the vortex.

The whole point being, when you do those things you do, you begin to expect and that’s where everything goes wrong. (At least for me it does) I want to live a life free of expectations. I thought that I had to a certain extent freed myself from any expectations from others and believe me I have to quite an extent, but then I find that, that extent does not help me from being less hurt. I still feel hurt.

The whole thing makes me feel so stupid sometimes and then the final thought that enters my mind before I go to sleep is – “I should have known better”.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Human beings cannot live alone. A birth requires atleast two people, to be present. The mother and the child.. That is the least.

Expectations are a given (were and will be). A mother would expect the child to be alive. If she had an accident, she might expect the child to be born dead.

My point is to expect others to not have any expectations is in itself an expectation.

What makes a greater person is to satisfy the expectations of the people you love.

Wouldn't one have expectations from others? Expectation that you be treated with the least bit of decency?? I can't believe there is a human on the earth without a single expectation. It is not a crime to expect!! It is the branching of hope.

And don't even go into defining "freedom". Life can never be lead unattached. A butterfly's flapping wings can create a storm halfway across the world. it is like that. this is not the place to list out how life of a person gets affected due to someone else's decision in the higher echeleons of democracy or soemthing.

Botchtti said...

@ siraj

well... as u already kno, but to make things clear- me not talking of others expectations - the thoughts are directed at me - as to why do i expect things from others, when i know better and why do i then get dissapointed when i usually know thats thatwhat will happen - why cant i rid myself of expectations

Apple said...

expectations are something we all have to live with no matter how hard we try not to

I know what you mean when you say, "I shud have known better" but it still doesn't stop u from doing it....knowing we need to draw a line and trying to keep away from the hurt is the biggest expectation of all

Botchtti said...

I know it all... considering i keep doing it all the time...

but the mind cant keep itself from wondering and wandering :)