Friday, March 9

Who is John Galt?!?!?!

Ever tried reading a book that holds your attention for as long as it wants and then once you take a break you are unable to get back to the book… that’s exactly what is happening to me. Have been trying to read this publication of the author for over 7 months now. Had finished about two parts of the book and then had stopped. It took me 3 months to pick up the book again and when I did I had to start all over again. And I came to the exact same point in the book and I had to take a break (not intentional though) Its been a fortnight since that happened and I haven’t been able to go beyond a single page after that…

Its not that I don’t have the time… I actually have all the time in the world, but it is still happening. I love the way Ayn Rand has etched the character of Daggny Taggart. She is strong willed – many a times stubborn, sure of her self (cocky would have the word), liberated for a woman in her times but at the same time very naïve about the world and its ways (at least she is now lets see what happens at the end of the book). She reminds me of another favorite fictional sketch – Scarlett O’ Hara. She is pretty much similar to the character of Daggny. That’s motivation enough for me to pick up the book… then why???????????

I mean going to the gym is easier than reading the book right now and believe me that’s a huge thing to do… (Going to the gym I mean) Oh yes on that note I am going to the gym regularly and if I don’t face any unfortunate series of events I should be able to say the same at the end of next week too (he he he)

Now diverting from the issue at hand, I found out today that I have another avid reader of my blog – actually who am I kidding – to quote his exact words he sometimes reads my blog (that’s good enough for me). N yes wanted to say thank you to the others who have read my blog and commented (am talking about people I don’t know) I found these comments so late that I dint know if I should reply to them or not – so anyways thank you.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I can understand not going through with a book like Atlas Shrugged. It is kinda slow paced, with a lot of character "etching", but yes it does happen with most people.

One would consider me crazy, but i have stopped one book myself. None other than Angels and Demons by Dan Brown!!! Supposed to be his best work. But i have this thing of being able to shut down when i want to. Many movies present that i haven't finished too hahahah

Botchtti said...

@ Siraj

Books i completely understand but movies is lil difficult :P

And i dint like angels and demons too much either

Thankyou for the encouraging words though :P