Monday, March 5

Rang Barse....


I absolutely love Holi…. It has not been the same every time. When we were kids we played Holi along with our didi’s and bhaiyas they had sooo much fun, in those days coming to the colony for Holi was the best fun ever. Every one congregated at the park and had fun. There would be the usual music, mithai and lots and lots of colors…..

But as time passed by all the didis and bhaiyas left and now we come under that category and unfortunately not many of there actually I find myself quite alone…. This year I asked my brother to invite his friends over… n boy did we have fun!!! Akshat n I got up early and filled up these small balloons with water – took us about 2 hours to fill around 80 or 90 of them. Every time one of his friends came over we would hit them with the water balloons (we missed half of the time though... he... he...)

By 12.30 I was completely exhausted and all I could think of was to get cleaned and so I left my brother and his friends to enjoy…. A long bath and a good lunch and haven’t slept so soundly in such a long time…. (It was bliss)

Of course what’s Holi without the gujiyas and the kanji wadas (yummy)… mom is awesome in this department ….. N yes by now its high time I hit the gym… have had a long vacation by now (strangely I don’t feel too guilty about it though)

2 comments:

Apple said...

awwwww... u make me miss holi so much :(
i remember my holi days.. run around the entire colony...play till late afternoon....trying to scrub the colours off for the rest of the day...
hopefully will get to play it again someday

Botchtti said...

@ apple

awwwww... i know u da!

n next time come down at the right time :P